Thursday, October 23, 2014

Fashion is a trend, Style is within a person: Oscar de la Renta



I do not really have the education on "high" fashion like Veronica does, but I did get my fair share of being schooled in it while I lived in NYC.  Most of my girlfriends were the type that paid "rent" status money on a new pair of YSL boots, and every once in a while we would spend entire afternoons  at Century 21 (think Nordstrom Rack for high end designers). 

One of my fashion highlights of living in the treasure hunting world  happened last year.  When I go out on a hunt there are always a few elusive high end pieces that are on my wish list that I hope to someday stumble upon.  Oscar de la Renta pieces were not on that list but when I came across this mint condition, vintage faux fur cropped jacket designed by him I couldn't just leave it.  I tried it on and by some miracle it fit me.  I had it cleaned and debated listing it, I haven't and now I've decided to keep it because I know it was a piece that he actually had a part in designing, and it's just so unique.

For fun, I searched Etsy to see what other sorts of Oscar de la Renta pieces were out there here's a sampling of what I found that flowed together into an outfit I would personally wear.


 Dress via Coco Vintages   Scarf via Vintage Meet Modern  Sunnies via Recycle Buy Vintage

As The Lady and The Librarian posted on her facebook page on Tuesday, "May Oscar de la Renta rest in peace. His legacy of couture will continue to provide elegant, sophisticated pieces for generations to come".



1 comment:

  1. Great read!

    I don't blame you for keeping the jacket - very original and a terrific find!

    Love that you chose to write about a true fashion icon!

    ReplyDelete